Handling material handling equipment properly is imperative. Whether you or your workers look after the equipment for a safe and productive environment, here are some guidelines to follow. These are important assets, and any snag with them could be damaging to your products.
- Only have trained and qualified personnel operates the equipment.
- A pre-shift inspection of equipment must always be done. Brakes, steering, warning devices, safety devices, mast, tires, and all controls should constitute the inspection items. Everything should be noted properly- for any issue, the damages are logged, problems flagged, and the management notified. A damaged or unsafe piece of equipment should not be operated until it is repaired or fixed.
- Ensure that only a limited amount of load is used on a piece of equipment- which is secured properly and is stable and appropriate.
- The operator should have clear visibility while the equipment is in motion, and helpers are called for if needed.
- In the future, upon ramps, while carrying loads and working down the ramps while unloading is advisable.
- The loads should be lowered to travel height before moving and carried with a slight back tilt.
- Check the weight of your goods and make sure that the equipment is capable of carrying the load.
- Do not raise or lowers loads in motion.
- Do not travel too fast or too slow with the equipment and maintain a sturdy distance between other pieces of movables, people, and/or stationary objects.
- Ensure that the forklift is turned off when not used or unattended and the key is removed.
These guidelines can give way to a strong foundation for safe use of material handling equipment in your workplace when followed and lead to a more productive environment.
RELATED ARTICLES :
- Looking For Stowe Property? Here are 5 Tips for Easy Financing
- Importance of Plastic Storage Tanks and Why You Should Opt For Them?
- Advertising Benefits of Roll Up Banner Stands
- Conveyor Systems for Material Handling?
- Follow the Rule of 5 to Book a Banquet Hall
Optimum Handling Solutions offer a huge range of ergonomic materials handling equipment. From Spring Loaded Lift Table and Pallet Gate to Scissor Lift Tables and Mezzanine Safety Gate, they have everything you need to lift, position, tilt, rotate, and transfer your loads faster, safer, and easier. Providing companies across the nation with the ultimate solution is our main priority. Their team has had experience with personnel from the abattoir, food processing, manufacturing, warehousing, and mining sectors to eliminate any safety issues whilst greatly speeding up efficiencies and productivity.