Handling material handling equipment properly is imperative. These are important assets and any snag with them could be damaging to your products. Whether it is you or your workers who look after the equipment, for a safe and productive environment here are some guidelines to follow.
- Only have trained and qualified personnel operate the equipment.
- A pre shift-inspection of equipment must always be done. Brakes, steering, warning devices, safety devices, mast, tires and all controls should constitute the inspection items. Everything should be noted properly- fir any issue the damages be logged, problems flagged and the management notified. A damaged or unsafe piece of equipment should not be allowed to be operated till it is repaired or fixed.
- Ensure that only a limited amount of load is used on a piece of equipment- which is secured properly and is stable and appropriate.
- The operator should have clear visibility while the equipment is in motion and helpers be called for if needed.
- It is advisable to go forward up on ramps while carrying loads and working down the ramps while unloading.
- The loads should be lowered to travel height before moving and carried with a slight back tilt.
- Check the weight of your goods and make sure that the equipment is capable of carrying the load.
- Do not raise or lowers loads in motion.
- Do not travel too fast or too slow with the equipment and maintain a sturdy distance between other pieces of movables, people and/or stationary objects.
- Make sure that the forklift is turned off when not being used or unattended and the key is removed.
These guidelines can give way to a strong foundation for safe use of material handling equipment in your workplace when followed and lead to a more productive environment.
RELATED ARTICLES :
- Looking For Stowe Property? Here are 5 Tips for Easy Financing
- Importance of Plastic Storage Tanks and Why You Should Opt For Them?
- Advertising Benefits of Roll Up Banner Stands
- Coveyor Systems for Material Handling?
- Follow the Rule of 5 to Book a Banquet Hall
Optimum Handling Solutions offer a huge range of ergonomic materials handling equipment. From Spring Loaded Lift Table and Pallet Gate, to Scissor Lift Tables and Mezzanine Safety Gate, they have everything you need to lift, position, tilt, rotate and transfer your loads faster, safer and easier. Providing companies across the nation with the ultimate solution is our main priority. Their team has had experience with personnel from the abattoir, food processing, manufacturing, warehousing and mining sectors to eliminate any safety issues whilst greatly speeding up efficiencies and productivity.