There are hundreds of wire connections and interconnections in a building, and faults among them are common, while some of us can solve minor electrical issues, solving intricate electrical problems can be challenging and dangerous too. Therefore, it is important to act sensibly and hire an expert electrician who can detect the electrical issues and solve them using appropriate equipment.
Calling an expert electrician is wise since they have the knowledge of electrical connections and experience of handling various types of faults. It is their job, and they earn their livelihood from it; besides, they are trained to tackle, replace and repair multiple circuits in different establishments. So why not call an electrician rather than risking your life with the complex and broken circuits?
Here are some of the reasons to call a professional electrician-
1) Trips and blown fuses- Trips and blown fuses generally occur because your circuits try to draw more current than they can actually withhold. If there are frequent trips or fuses, then it is one of the good reasons to seek help from a professional electrician. Do not ignore the situation or do not be inconsiderate of the regular trips and treat themselves on your own. Trips usually occur when there is some major underlying fault that needs to be processed by a trained man and not an amateur.
2) Flickering light- Have you ever noticed flickering lights in your home? This could happen when there are so many appliances being operated at the same time such that the meter cannot hold the load. Thus, it puts excessive pressure on the motor of the appliance. It is an indication that you need to call a certified electrician who can bring it back to normal.
3) Overheated electrical switches and surfaces- You might have noticed the surface of the switches and power points getting overheated due to the exceeding current, and this may lead to short-circuits and shocks. It usually happens because either the switches are not drawing the normal power or the element inside the wiring and circuit is weak enough not to hold the current. It makes the right occasion to seek help from an electrician.
4) Congested power points- Another situation where you need to call the expert electrician is when the power points do not have enough space to accommodate three-prong grounded plugs. If you have noticed this problem in your residential or commercial space, it means the electricity system is not grounded in your home, and it can be highly dangerous. An electrician can make secure connections once you hire him for the work.
5) Overloaded power points- If you have inserted most of your plugs in one power board or power point, it can put excessive pressure on the electrical system, leading to overloading. Overloading can lead to fuses, electrical shocks and makes your premises unsafe to carry out electrical changes. Therefore, hire an electrician to reduce the overload by making separate switches to insert plugs.