While putting inon your flooring is an expensive task, it has several advantages that are seen over time. But, for you to be able to witness these benefits, you must take care of the flooring to increase its longevity. Listed below are a few advantages to having hardwood floors, followed by a few tips on maintaining them.
Advantages of Hardwood Flooring-
- Maintenance- hardwood floors are often considered the easiest maintenance amongst different types of floors. In general, the most you will have to do to keep hardwood floors clean is vacuum and mop. Because the main component of this flooring is wood, it is stain as well as dirt resistant. This is to say even if anything spills on it, it does not stick to it and will instead remain until you wipe it with a cloth. Yet another advantage of hardwood floors over other floors like carpets is that they do not fade very easily and tend to look new for long periods of time.
- Health- hardwood floors are a huge advantage for individuals and families prone to respiratory issues as the wood does not hold in dust and dirt particles. This, in turn, keeps the surrounding air clean and, therefore, healthy.
- Versatility- hardwood flooring lends a unique aesthetic appeal to every house. Since wood from no two trees can be the same, each floor usually has its own pattern and shade.
- Durability- hardwood is one of the longest living floorings you can use for your house as it is strong and can withstand time. The wood is also such that it is no east to dent or scratch.
- Value addition- almost every realtor had said that hardwood floors increase the value of any house in terms of how much the house becomes worth in terms of money and perception. Because of the aesthetic appeal of hardwood floors, buyers are more like to buy the house.
- Aesthetics- the natural, undiminished beauty of the wood in hardwood floors is perfect for any indoor room. Additionally, all you will have to do to change the color of the wood is sand it and refinish it.
How to care for hardwood flooring
Because hardwood floors are extremely heavy on the pocket, you need to maintain them properly to ensure your investment lasts long. Care for hardwood floors varies from type to type. Therefore, make sure that you ask the manufacturer exactly what type of wax to polish it and how to use it. Using the wrong polish or wax can completely ruin your wooden floor and result in you incurring several costs to fix it.
Try to avoid bringing in dirty items such as shoes or wet bags onto the floor to easy for you to clean. Use a broom and sweep your floor at least once a day to keep it well maintained. But, make sure you use a soft broom that will not leave any scratches. Another way to avoid scratches is to lift furniture when you move it instead of dragging it.
RELATED ARTICLES :
- What material should you use before hiring a professional garage door repair?
- Interlocking Stone Driveway
- Questions to Ask When Hiring a Home Inspector
- 3 Questions You Need to Ask Your New Real Estate Agent
- Tips for Designing Your Dream Home
If something is spilled on the floor, wipe it clean with a dry towel but never use an oil-based soap. These soaps can fade the color of your floor by building up in them. Additionally, try to use minimal water when cleaning your hardwood floor and dry the area as soon as possible. Avoid using soaps meant for other surfaces like tiles and laminates, as this can damage your floor. Remember, your hardwood floor can be a great investment if you spend a little time and effort to care for it properly!