Over the past few years, companies have started expanding globally. Businesses and startups are hiring remote workers to increase their productivity. However, to achieve the desired results, it is crucial to interact with colleagues and managers working in a different city or country efficiently and strategically. In order to handle the virtual team right set of skills and highly performing devices are required. Managing a virtual team is challenging because one needs to create a corporate culture remotely.
Do you also run a virtual team? If yes, then the following are the useful tips that can help you in managing your virtual team in a better way.
- Create a foolproof working plan – The first and most important step to manage the virtual team effectively is to set a working structure that everyone can stick to. Having a sound working plan, virtual team members can better understand the time constraints and will provide the work within a specified time. They will also have less confusion and fewer questions related to work. Plus, you can create a downloadable PDF in which all the rules for in-house as well as virtual employees will be clearly specified.
- Allow flexible work hours – As your employees will be working from different locations with different time zones, it will be rarely possible for the entire team to work at the same time. So, you had to be flexible with the work hours. This will also help your employees to achieve the balance between their personal and professional life, and they will happily work for your company. And if the employee will be happy, the productivity of your business will surely go up.
- Keep track of hours worked and attendance – When an employee is coming to your office, you can easily keep track of attendance. But if the employee is working virtually, then it becomes difficult to record their attendance and working hours. To avoid such a problem, you must incorporate software that let you know which employee worked for how many hours in a day. These days with the advancement of technology, several such software are available that can record the working hours of remote employees.
- Use different communication channels – To meet the standards of a strong workplace, effective communication is a must. While communicating with remote workers, you need a tool that is secure so that you can share your confidential information undoubtedly. Also, you can use different tools with which your remote employee are comfortable as per their country.
- Use management tools for effective collaboration – If you have a document that is being edited by many people, then you need a tool that has file sharing and collaboration features. Pointfire Multilingual Sharepoint Solution is one such tool. The best thing about this software is that every employee can work on the sheet as per their preferred language. It is so because Pointfire synchronizes UI and content in the user’s selected language. Thus, it is the best tool for effective collaboration.