It is extremely important for every company to consider implementing a department for Customer Relation Management (CRM). As it has always been said, the customer comes first. Now the big question is whether to choose a commercial CRM that’s available in the market or whether to invest in a custom made CRM instead.
Graet News Network
First, let us look at the advantages and disadvantages of a commercial CRM-
- It has been tested and is stable
- There are several features that will be added to
- It has proper professional support in case of issues
- It can become expensive over time with recurring costs
- The application is already made and pre-set to work in a certain way. Users will have to learn the software and change their ways of working for the software
Now, let us look at the advantages and disadvantages of using a custom CRM-
- It is a perfect fit for the company’s requirements
- It also fits in with the business policies of the company and has improved user—level functionality, thereby increasing the overall productivity and efficiency of the company’s employees
- Since the support is directly given by the company, there is also an improvement in the response time
- It is a more cost effective option as it does not require the modification of a commercial CRM. However, there is still the possibility that the sales and marketing departments undergo scalability modifications
The biggest disadvantage of this model is that the company will have to dedicate a certain amount of time and energy as well as find the right employees who can research and develop the correct application. However, it can also be said that this is the only disadvantage.
Since every company in every industry is unique in its own way, it is almost a necessity to find a CRM that is the perfect fit. Therefore, when all options are weighed, it could be said that a custom CRM is better than a commercial CRM. However bear in mind that this depends on which commercial CRM you choose and what exactly your company needs.
Now, you should only go in for a custom CRM if you are completely sure that a commercial one won’t work. It would be a waste of resources to create a new application if there is already one that serves the purpose.
Listed below are a few tips you can consider when opting for either a commercial or custom CRM-
- Get your IT department to analyse the scalability of the application
- Ensure that the application you choose is user friendly. This should be a bigger focus than its functionality
- Whatever functions the application does have, they should all be performed at high speeds
- Ensure that the application can be configured to increase its efficiency and productivity
- Make sure that your IT personnel can handle the technology of the CRM. Otherwise, you may find yourself unnecessarily spending more money to have it looked at by its manufacturers
- Make sure that the documentation of the software is correct and you do not have to rush around for emergencies
- Lastly, ensure that the CRM software works well with other software being used by the company. If it it unable to integrate well, it could compromise other functions.