Kitchens are the most integral part of the house, and people usually spend most of the time in the kitchen preparing meals for the day. Nobody would like to spend time in a kitchen that is shabby, unorganized and unhygienic.
Your kitchen should be spacious and well equipped so that you can cook your food with a free mind. Preparing meals in a healthy environment is good for the body and sound mind.
If your kitchen is too old or requires remodeling, you should not miss the opportunity of remodeling it.
If you are dreaming of a new kitchen, but you are worried about the expenses, then don’t be. There are dozens of small and inexpensive upgrades that can make your kitchen look brighter, more organized, and better overall.
We have made a list of budget-friendly tips for your kitchen. Have a look:
List Your Requirements Before Hiring a Contractor:
You can visit various websites to check kitchen designs and what can you add in your kitchen. Make a thorough analysis of your space and what can be subtracted or added into it. You can take suggestions from your family members or friends.
Go a bit trendy with latest and easy designs that will give a classy look to your kitchen. Make use of materials that are durable, robust and lasts long. Enlisting your requirements will save yours and your contractors’ time and money.
Create a Budget and Stick to it:
Keep a budget for your kitchen and look for the objects and equipment that can be included in that budget.
There are a few factors that will help you limit your kitchen remodel.
- The amount of time you will spend in your kitchen.
- Do you want to make it extra-ordinary or do you want to reorganize and maintain the hygiene?
- Do you want to increase the space or replace the countertops and paint of the kitchen?
Breakdown the Cost:
Estimate your budget allotment to each specific component in your kitchen remodeling process. Breakdown your budget in the following way:
- 20-25% Labour
- 30-35% Cabinets
- 7-9% Electrical
- 10-15% Appliances
- 6-8% Countertops
- 5-7% Plumbing
- 1-3% Permits & Other
Update Your Kitchen Cabinets and Paint Your Kitchen:
The most important feature of a kitchen remodeling project is installing brand new kitchen cabinets. The cost-effective and simple cabinet upgrades that can be considered are:
- Cabinet pulls: You can replace hinges and knobs with contemporary hardware such as cabinet pulls.
- Sanding and re-staining: Get your sanded and re-stained to avoid oily stains and scratches. They are low-cost and give high appeal to your kitchen.
- A new paint job: If you do not like stained wood cabinets, then paint them in a colour that appeals to you.
Besides getting cabinets and countertops, get your kitchen painted with subtle colours that will create a clean and classy appeal. Adding patterns on the wall related to kitchen elements can make it look more involving and attractive.