We as a species never cease to learn and acquire knowledge. Every day we learn something or the other through our daily endeavors. Studying to gain knowledge is not an overnight process as it takes a while as the foundation of information has to be built from the ground up. Hence it is statutory that whatever topic we study, we do it right, be it organic chemistry or. Let us look at a few approaches I would recommend you to go through to help you make studying easier and more effective.
- Finding the style which works for you: Every person is unique, set up with a different body, different lifestyle, and with different outlines of thought. There is no specific technique that works for everyone. Thus it is imperative to figure out what conditions and techniques help you take in information the best. There are basically 4 cues that help people to learn by various methods.
RELATED ARTICLES :
- DU Admissions: Helpdesks, helplines, computer labs to assist applicants
- Keep in mind some college tips before joining college
- Which SEO Techniques Can Increase Visitor Count On Your Website?
- How to Take Your Legal Career Further
- 5 Reasons To Make Blogging For Your Business
- Optical information: As the name suggests, these are for the people who prefer visual content to help them understand the topic better. Videos and illustrations like flow charts and graphs are more effective for this group of people when compared to reading a topic on paper.
- Audio information: This technique is for the people who have a better affection for listening to something over reading it. Listening to the audio version of the textbook, taping lectures, and reading topics out loud will help these kinds of learners.
- Taking the right amount of rest: Taking some time off the books is just as important as the time you spend studying. Study in sets; let it be a set of 20 minutes with a break of 5 minutes or a set of 50-60 minutes of studying with a break of 15 minutes. Get into that rhythm of studying in sets that can help improve your long-term effectiveness while studying. Sleep is also important; the body has a saturation limit, after which it requires reset and reboot through sleep. The right amount of sleep suggested is 7 hours for an average human being, so make sure you get that required amount of sleep for yourself.
- Self-evaluation: As much as you study, the best way to evaluate how much you’ve learned is to test yourself. Find an online test on the topic or try and solve a previous year’s question paper; even if you cannot complete it, it’s alright as you get an idea of the structure of an exam which will definitely help you in days to come.
Studying is easy if you know what works for you. Finding the right technique, with the right kind of people, in the right environment, taking ample amount of rest will help you maximize your effectiveness while studying, let it be preparing for your board exam or to gain some knowledge about topics like theor any topic, know yourself to know more about the world. For help in certain topics with audiovisual explanations, check out this YouTube channel- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POytLIea_Lo&t=7s.