The latest version of the Internet Protocol is version 6 which provides location and identification for computers, laptops, and tablets on the networks which also provides services for routing traffic across the internet. There was problem persisting for address reservation with IPv4. The IP addresses for IPv4 protocol were getting to and end. Service providers were confused as what the IP addresses are coming to an end. The IPv6 address is classified by various routing methods and primary addressing. The single network interface is being identified by the uncast address, Multicast Address and Any cast address. The unicast identifies a single interface. The packet sent IPv6 to the unicast address reaches interface. A multicast address identifies the set of interfaces which could belong to various nodes. The packet from IPv6 reaches to multiple interfaces. The packet from IPv6 reaches to various nodes to one of the interface which is possible in any cast address.
An example of IPv6 Address:-
Why there is need of IPv6 addresses?
The demand for internet is expanding day by day. Today almost 90 Percent of the world is using internet. Internet is getting important for every single user day by. User has to use internet to perform various important transactions daily. This huge demand had forced IPv6 to come into existence. Almost every person in the family has a Smartphone, a tablet and a laptop. Each of these devices needs their own IP address.
RELATED ARTICLES :
- CISA, How its Helps to Become a Successful Information Auditor?
- What You Need to Know About Split Custody
- 10 Tips to Business Success According to Someone Who Made it
- 6 Important Ways to Stay Safe on a Construction Site
- Things To Know About Router Bits
These addresses are being used on one link or network which is none routed such as Ethernet LAN.
There are some differences actually IPv6 is very different from IPv4
- IPv4 is of 32 Bit in length where as IPv6 is of 128 bit in length
- Addresses of IPv4 are numbers in binary language where as IPv6 binary numbers are represented in the form of hexadecimals.
- In IPv4 both routers and senders do fragmentation where as in IPv6 only the sender performs fragmentation.
- There is no identification of packets flowing but in IPv6 its available in the header of IPv6
- There is no check-up in IPv6 but its available in IPv4
- No fields of options are available in IPv6 and IPv4 its available
- For mapping MAC addresses with IPv4 addresses ARP (Address resolution Protocol) is available where as in IPv6, Neighbour Discovery Protocol (NDP) replaces ARP.
- For managing Multicast Groups, Internet Group Management Protocol is used for the purpose but in IPv6 MLD which is called Multicast Listener Discovery replaces IGMP.
Technology would never end. Programmers as well as scientists are discovering new innovations every day every minute to serve the world better. In India the adoption of internet in 1990 was a greater success. Infrastructures in the schools were upgraded with new computer and testing labs for practicing the internet and other technologies. Students were taught about basics of the internet and programming languages used in internet. Internet is taking the world in its hands and the world is going all along the way.