Maths isn’t everyone’s favorite subject with topics like calculus, integration, differentiation, and trigonometry proving hard to take in. Not having a proper understanding of the subject will only nauseate your interest in the subject. But having a proper understanding of the maths will make you understand the practicality of the subject in real life. The correlation the subject has with the world around us is quite astonishing. From the food we eat to the air around us, maths has a role in everything. Let us look at a few fun facts about the facts that will leave you thinking if they are true or not.
- Pi.z.z.a: You multiply Pi multiplied by the radius squared to find the area and multiply the area by height to find the volume, That means the volume of a pizza that has a nominal radius of (z) and height (a) will, of course, be: Pi × z × z × a.
- Birthdays Paradox: The birthday paradox says that in a group of just 23 people, there’s a 50% chance that at least two will have the same birthday.
- Palindromic Numbers: if you multiply 111,111,111 by 111,111,111 , this becomes equal to 12,345,678,987,654,321. The numbers seem like going in the same way over and over again.
- Random Sequence of cards: Shuffle a pack of cards really thoroughly and there’s a greater chance that the exact sequence in the deck has never been seen before in all of recorded history.
- .999999… = 1: Here’s the proof:
If 10A = 9.9999…
Then A = .9999….
Subtract A from 10 A, leaving you with 9 A = 9.
So then A=1. But we already know that A = .9999… as well.
So 1 = .9999….
- An absolute Dividend: 2,520 is the smallest number that can be exactly divided by all the numbers 1 to 10.
- Tieing a Tie: There are 177,147 ways to tie a tie, according to mathematicians.
- Googolplex: The lifeline of today’s time, Google, derived its name from the word ‘googol’ — a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros, which reflect an infinite amount of searches on the internet.
With the above-stated facts, it is clear about the involvement of mathematics in our lives is quite astonishing. For more interesting facts on mathematics and help with topics like number system, squares and square roots and more, check out this YouTube Channel-