Wondering whether your windows need replacement or not? Whatever it is, furniture, flooring, windows, cabinets or doors, everything gets worn out with time and require replacement. You can increase the life of the products in your home by maintaining them correctly but cannot make them last forever.
To know if your windows need to be renewed or not, you have to keep a check on the windows for the following signs.
- Your windows are worn out – If you notice a sign of warping on your window or see failing double glazing, then it is a big indication that your windows need replacement. If you do not pay attention, the situation may worsen, and you may find difficulty in opening and closing the windows. Thus, it can have an impact on the safety of your home. Also, because of failing double glazing, you may notice water leaks, scratches, cracks, condensation, holes, and difficulty in regulating the temperature in your home.
- You feel a draft when windows are closed – Do you feel the breeze when standing by your window even when they are closed? If yes, then there could be several problems, including faulty seals, poor installation, and many more. A drafty window can change the temperature of your home. This, in return, makes your HVAC system to work harder to keep up with the changing temperature.
- There is a sudden increase in your energy bills – Old and inefficient windows can influence the insulation of your home and can lead to increased energy bills. The more air will escape from your home, more your air conditioners and heaters have to work. You then have to pay unnecessarily on energy bills, because of unfit windows. So, it is highly suggested to replace your windows immediately if you don’t want your money to be wasted.
- You hear a lot of noise from outside – If your windows are unable to soundproof your home, then it is time to consider window replacement. Windows these days are designed to reduce the transfer of sound from outside or inside. So, if you want to have a peaceful and quiet atmosphere in your home, then the only way out is window replacement.
- Window frames are chipped and water damaged – When your window frames are cracked or soft to touch, then just getting them repaired will not work. You had to get your windows replaced if you want to live in a beautiful looking home. If you do not consider replacing dull-looking windows, then the value of your home will also be affected.
- You find difficulty in opening, closing and locking the windows – This is the most obvious indication to get the window replacement done. Poorly functioning windows can increase your energy costs and can even be a threat to the security of your home.