common types of materials generally used for countertops are quartz and granite. Each of these materials has its own advantages and disadvantages, and you should know about them before deciding to employ anyone. The primary difference between quartz and granite is that quartz is artificial, while granite is completely natural. Granite is usually considered one of the most reliable and durable materials for home renovations. Listed below are the differences between granite and quartz in appearance, durability, maintenance, and ease of installation.are a hard and stressful time filled with several decisions to make, whether to choose the right material or find the right manufacturer and supplier. The two most
- Appearance: the appearance of the two materials is very different, and preferences are based on personal taste. There is no control over the type of pattern with granite, as no two pieces of granite can ever be the same. So, this is your option if you want a unique, slightly quirky design for your countertop. However, if you want a certain pattern and order in terms of the exact shade and color, quartz would be the better option, as you can get things manufactured the way you want
- Durability: in terms of durability, it is assumed that granite would be more durable. However, this is a misconception. While granite can resist cracks and chips on the surface from heavy objects, quartz is more resilient to the same things. It is, therefore, preferred in cases where heavy machinery will operate on the surface.
- Maintenance: granite can be protected from stains, scratches, and cracks by using a sealant. If necessary, this sealant can be applied every year. Suppose there are already dents or scratches on the surface of your granite countertop. In that case, you can very easily fix this on your own by carefully applying epoxy or resin that matches the color of the countertop. On the other hand, quartz is resistant to spills and food from leaving stains on the surface but, when damaged, cannot be fixed at home. It is necessary to call in the help of professionals for these repairs as techniques need to be employed.
- Installation: in terms of structure, both materials are equally hard to install mainly because they are heavy and will, therefore, require the assistance of professionals. Undertaking the job alone could result in physical pain for you and those helping you and damage to the material.
Tri-State Stone is a company that specializes in both quartz and granite countertops. Depending on your preference, you can visit their showroom to get an idea of what the final product will look like. You can also contact them on their website or visit it to learn more about their services: . You can be sure to find professional and courteous customer service and get assistance from experienced and trained professionals!
RELATED ARTICLES :
- Helping a Friend Move – Tips to Make You as Useful as Possible!
- Interlocking Stone Driveway
- Digital Pressure Gauges
- Thinking About Buying A Leaf Blower?
- Some Simple And Effective Tips On How To Buy The Right Property