are a hard and stressful time filled with several decisions to make, whether it is to do with choosing the right material or finding the right manufacturer and supplier. The two most common types of materials generally used for countertops are quartz and granite. Each of these materials has its own advantages and disadvantages, and you should know about them before deciding to use anyone. The primary difference between quartz and granite is that quartz is artificial while granite is completely natural. Granite is usually considered one of the most reliable and durable materials when it comes to home renovations. Listed below are the differences between granite and quartz in terms of appearance, durability, maintenance, and ease of installation.
- Appearance: the appearance of the two materials is very different, and preferences are based on personal taste. There is no control over the type of pattern with granite, as no two pieces of granite can ever be the same. So, if you want a unique, slightly quirky design for your countertop, this is the option for you. However, if you want a certain pattern and order in terms of the exact shade and color, quartz would be the better option as you can get things manufactured the way you want
- Durability: in terms of durability, it is assumed that granite would be more durable. However, this is a misconception. While granite can resist cracks and chips on the surface from heavy objects, quartz has a higher resilience to the same objects. It is therefore preferred in cases that there will be heavy machinery operating on the surface.
- Maintenance: granite can be protected from stains, scratches, and cracks by using a sealant. If necessary, this sealant can be applied every year. If there are already dents or scratches on the surface of your granite countertop, you can very easily fix this on your own by carefully applying epoxy or resin that matches the color of the countertop. On the other hand, quartz is resistant to spills and food from leaving stains on the surface but, when damaged, cannot be fixed at home. It is necessary to call in the help of professionals for these repairs as techniques need to be employed.
- Installation: in terms of installation, both materials are equally hard to install mainly because of heavy they are and will therefore require the assistance of professionals. Undertaking the job on your own could result in physical pain for you and those helping you and damage to the material.
Tri-State Stone is a company that specializes in both quartz and granite countertops. Depending on your preference, you can visit their showroom to get an idea of what the final product will look like. Additionally, you can contact them on their website or visit it to know more about the services they offer. You can be sure to find professional and courteous customer service and get assistance from experienced and trained professionals!
RELATED ARTICLES :
- Helping a Friend Move – Tips to Make You as Useful as Possible!
- Interlocking Stone Driveway
- Digital Pressure Gauges
- Thinking About Buying A Leaf Blower?
- Some Simple And Effective Tips On How To Buy The Right Property