Being locked out of your car or house is one of the biggest fears that every individual faces. No matter how old you are, when you get locked out, you enter a state of panic and anxiety. This can sometimes render you completely useless and unable to do the needful. Listed below are five points that will help you in an emergency even if you are panicking.
- Follow the grapevine- no, this does not refer to the gossip in your area! If you are locked out of your car or house and it is an emergency, the first people you should talk to are friends and family. If they have ever enlisted the services of a locksmith and were happy with them, you can easily just contact them. Your friends and family will be able to put you in touch with the most reliable locksmiths in your area especially if they have been living there longer than you
- Roadside assistance- this specifically refers to situations in which you are locked out of the car. Most companies offer roadside assistance and if yours does, your tensions can be immediately eased. In most cases, this assistance will be a part of your membership. Make sure you call this number before you approach a locksmith
- Check their credibility- while there may be several locksmiths in your area, there are very few who will actually be credible. When you call different services, see if you are answered in a professional manner with the company’s name being stated. If they refuse to state the company name or are reluctant to do so, this is a red light. Immediately move on to your next option
- Clear quote estimate- in your panic, you may forget to ask for a cost quote. However, doing this could lead to you being overcharged for services. To avoid this, simply ask for a clear quote for the services you will require. Make sure to double check this cost with all the service professionals involved and do not allow work to start if there are any discrepancies. To be on the safe side, also inquire about possible overhead costs. Lastly, make sure your bill has clear details as to the product and service and the cost for each mentioned specifically
- Legitimate Locksmiths- while you may think this is an unsaid rule, it may surprise you how even the most basic things slip your mind in an emergency. Before you allow a locksmith to help you enter your car or house, especially at night, ask to see proof of identity as well as certification of a legitimate business. This will save you several hassles later. Also make sure to ask for an invoice that is printed on the company letterhead with name, address, and contact information
Express Locksmith is a company based in Montreal that provides 24 hour emergency services. They guarantee fast services within twenty minutes of you placing the call. In addition to helping you out of sticky situations in which you are locked out, they also offer professional lock installation services. Click on http://www.mtlexpresslocksmith.com/ to contact them immediately!
RELATED ARTICLES :